Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Waiting for "Next Monday"

Fortune cookies are the single most amusing bland dessert ever. They bring a bit of fun to the overstuffed and create a wonderful decoration for "my" work computer (which is not only not mine but I share it with plenty of people). Last week I was having a craving for gross-heavy eating so I went the Chinese route for lunch. My cookie had an oddly specific fortune: Opportunity awaits you next Monday.

So I waited. Yesterday, "next" Monday came and went and nothing special happened. I did take a class at the gym, a class that I've taken plenty of times before but this time with a new teacher, it was a small opportunity and today my shoulders and abs and hips and back are thanking and hating me. I helped win an electronic scrabble game but as it might have been an opportunity I don't know for what. I wrote a letter for my mom. Made a salad and ate the leaves (hate the leaves) but thats only an opportunity to eat more fiber.

So do I take it that the fortune has bad timing? No, I think my fortune cookie tricking me into laziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment