Sunday, November 25, 2012

Bye-Bye Baby Blue

There are very few times that I can say that I felt actual pride in making a purchase. I mean I've been giddy, elated, shocked (over a deal or lack there of) but proud is a special feeling when making a purchase.

That pride is now sorrow three years later when it is time to finally toss that one item. What, you are asking at this point, the hell is she blathering on about?

It is best I show you rather than tell you. Words cannot express...


Yeppers. That brilliant blue bra is the reason for my pride. When I bought it I was wearing old lady bras, white and beige, straps two fingers (or more) wide and in the ugly/overdone size of 38DD. That blue beauty you are looking at is neither white or beige, it has two hooks in the back and the straps are thinner than any strap that had graced my shoulder since I started wearing an C cup in the sixth or seventh grade and this baby is a 36F.

Until I asked for help that day I didn't know that Fs existed. Heck I didn't know that J or M existed beyond what I had seen on Oprah, and I've never been on Oprah. And the day I bought this bra was the day I grew up. I could buy pretty things for the first time, it's a big deal. A big deal.

And now I must say goodbye. The underwire finally busted through and it causes me physical pain to wear it. I'd keep it a bit longer, maybe sew the underwire back in one more time, but I have too much stuff. I need a few new bras but I must get rid of two things before I can get another.

I'll miss you blue bra.




I apologize for any rambling or circular bumbling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment