Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Important Food Groups

I'm back on being tubby me again, I've gained three pounds. And you're like that's three pounds, that's nothing, you're a crazy person. And you're right.

But three pounds on a skinny person is not the same as three pounds on someone my size. I float somewhere between average and fat. Three pounds can make or break my entire wardrobe. Three pounds can keep me happy or send me into a tail spin.

So where did these three pounds come from?

 I blame the major food groups: Popcorn, candy, dairy! and coffee.

Food groups aside I am a fairly healthy eater. So what do I do to fix my three pounds, maybe fix 50 pounds?
Well friends, I don't starve well. Starving actually makes me put on weight. I mean I have a gym membership, and I've neglected it a little in the last three weeks. I could go back there on a regular basis, say five days a week for no less than an hour. I could do that. I should do that. But I have so few things going on that I just can't get motivated.

Also today I had a small panic attack over bacon. No, I didn't eat a whole pound in one sitting, rather I was eating a single strip of bacon and like they say it tried to kill me. Not by clogging my arteries, no, that takes time. No, I just choked on it. I panicked because I was home alone and choking on a strip of bacon, feeling tubby, only to have all of my insecurities exacerbated by the bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment