Thursday, August 25, 2011

Now this is how a vacations is supposed to be

I am currently in Hoboken,  NJ.  It is the London roomie's b-day weekend and I'm here to relax, enjoy the stereotypical Jersey-ness that is around. The problem is Irene. Irene is not even a person. Irene is a stupid hurricane that is effing everything up. We can't stay until Sunday as was planned, Sunday NYC and Hoboken will but underwater seized by no less than tropical storm force winds.

So, yes, I'm boldly climbing aboard a bus tomorrow heading toward home and toward the storm. Panic has taken hold and I'm curious as to whether or not I'm making the right decision. The problem with the whole thing, there is still a chance that the bus gets canceled. It's the big freak out before the potential let down of the storm. Do I freak or stay cool and collected? I'm not sure.

NYC public transportation is closing. DC metro may end up closing. So I'm going to be super screwed. I'm not super excited about this whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment