Saturday, January 7, 2012

Growing while shrinking

It seems that I am always on a diet. And it seems that way because I am always on a diet. I am turning into one of the few people in the world that I truly dislike, my grandmother.

Her story is a diet story from hell dotted with a bunch of size 6s, a stapled stomach and Bulimia. This year she will turn 70 and the gorge and vom is still on and yet she's ballsy enough to criticize my sisters and me.

Alas I have come to the conclusion that happiness is more than svelteness, but health and happiness are not correlated, unless we're discussing mental health and that my friends is a whole other story. So I am seeking health and happiness in separate ventures. A diet and an attempt at adventures.

The diet is one week in and everyone is saying they can see the difference. My family is convinced that my boobs have shrunk to normal people size but I'm skeptical, wearing bras that fit sometimes creates that illusion. My sister mentioned to beginnings of a six pack and I would like to personally squash that rumor right now, I had a six pack once, I was about 11 or 12, had recently reached my full height and was on the swim team. I spent the whole summer biking to the playground because I live in the middle of nowhere and swings were the thing to do. How I will evaulate the progress of my diet I'm not really sure. I like the idea of a weekly weigh in type deal but those can also play a mental game. So we'll see.

As far as adventures, that's slow going. I need cash flow, I'm already bored sick with my lateral move and am spending way too much money on gas to get to said job, so my first adventure of the year is to fight for the opportunity to get out of it. I am applying to everything again. I want to travel. I need to travel. So I will. But when and to where is tough.

I need this year to be a year of change and growth. I need one of Oprah's Ah-ha moments because I can actually, physically feel my brain rotting.

I need to write. So I will write. I need to read. So I will read and not just the same authors I've been reading but I will branch out again and see what I can find. I need new shoes, this isn't a personal growth thing, mostly the dog destroyed about seven pairs, including the three pairs of black shoes that I wear/wore nearly everyday.

Give me ideas, I need to join things and do things. Help me here!

No comments:

Post a Comment