Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year

Ok, so I've been away from the computer and sort of keep promising to come back to blogging and such but since the arrival of my iPhone I have yet to get around to it.

Here I am. It is a new year and as of today I am in a new position that only deepens my fear of being stuck in a static position for the rest of my life, so I have a New Year's resolution. Yeah, you thought I was going to tell you about it, and I will, but first let's examine what I'm not doing well in my life.

1. Living. It's sadly a simple thing that I have forgotten to do. Yes occasionally I spring to live for half a minute or so, but it's brief and infrequent at best.

2. Having a social life. This is something I need to work harder on, I live too far out of the way (a whole separate issue that shall not be addressed), I let work get in my way, I let fatigue get in the way and I let money, or lack there of, stop me from having fun.

3. Owning black and grey clothes, but not just some, all. You don't think this is a problem? It is, I don't look good in black or grey, I don't feel pretty in most black and grey and once my delightful friend Logan once babbled on about the awesome peppiness of Katy Perry's wardrobe. While candy colors are not in my future, color is.

These three things lead to a long list of things I need to do.

1. Move
2. Move
3. Find a newer job
4. Move
5. Have adventures
6. Buy clothes that don't require a name tag be attached to them
7. Buy shoes that are fun
8. Have adventures
9. Find a newer job
10. Move

You can see my priorities are fairly clear at this point. I am setting goals. I am reworking my life. I am freaking out over said goals and reworkings, but I thrive in change and it's become obvious that stagnation is setting in.

So now that you've seen my priorities you want to know what my New Year's plan of action is going to be? I agree, it is time!

Resolution: Live

Action Plan:


  • Find that new job if it kills me, or if I have to kill to get it. Unpaid side work, will not be disqualified.
  • Save all of the money possible.
  • June. June is when I'm moving. Where doesn't matter.
  • I will go to concerts and try new things, companionship be damned! If no one can go with me I'll just have to  go by myself. 
  • I will write.
  • I will travel, even if it is to basically nowhere to sit in a friend's apartment for the weekend, if it's away from home I'll do it.

So it is written, so it is done.




On a side note, I like so many others decided to start a diet today. I'm starving, but we'll see how this goes.


Weight loss goal: 50 lbs


You've never seen me that thin, I have, it's pretty awesome.




No comments:

Post a Comment