Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hail and High Water Here Comes the Fun

I know that's a metaphor misremembered. And wrong lyrics. And I am pretty sure they really really don't go together.

But I had a hellofa weekend and I must let you in on it.

So Thursday I saw the lovely Mumford and Sons... oh how good they are. After the traffic we got not so miserable lawn seat. I mean after seeing them in clubs and so close, the lawn is miserable. All sweating on a blanket the clouds rolled in. At first the rain was fine, as in fine rain, then it got a bit more intense and before long the lightening was hitting a little close for comfort and the drummer (I think) of  Matthew and the Atlas was dumping water on himself in solidarity, though that is hearsay, we lawn folk were unfortunately missing out on their portion of the show. Then wind and hail and a bit of nudity. After the rain stopped dry people started showing up just to stick it to those of us who were sodden. After the show saw a drunk, crying girl pass out while walking and slide down a hill on her face. Yeah, I don't get why being that drunk is appealing at a concert, I do rather enjoy the music.

Friday I slept until noon. I don't like doing that. And I was super disoriented. I ran some errands and headed back to Baltimore to explain the game of baseball to a first timer before getting slightly turned around on the way back to the bus. The rain tried to put the kabash on the game but let up just in time. Though the water was running hot over the road as we walked in. Also I would like to point out the wonders of box seats, I could do that again. On my way home I pass a lone police officer sitting in the left lane with his lights on. Then I pass my mother driving 40ish miles an hour on a road I know she routinely does 70 plus on, only to realize the person in front of her was my sister, with her flashers on, I waved as I flew past. Had I realized the situation I would have rolled down my window and explained to her that when one hits a dear and kills it one picks it up and brings it home for supper. Why else would someone try to total their car on a deer?

Saturday my friends got married. It was very nice. Hot, feet swellingly hot, but really really nice. So nice in fact that I can forgive the bride for giving Jamie all the bow tying credit. But what I cannot forgive with the cable company messing with the beginning of my day and forcing me to drive 60 miles for no reason. And get sunburn. So my one arm is fried and I looked really pretty one purple are in my halter-dress at the wedding. Thank you Comcast for you're less than intelligent service

Sunday was filled with strangeness. I pulled wet money out at the grocery store and mentioned it's dampness to my sister. The cashier, may or may not have been in an altered state, refused to take it until I explained the source of it's dampness. Yeah Thursday night I had cash in my pocket when I got caught in that junk. She kept saying "You would not believe what people do with money" and I kept saying "Oh, but I would." It was an excessively productive conversation.

Then Monday came and the weekend washed away just like that. Poof. Gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment