Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cake: It's Just that Good

The manager of the store in which I am employed is eight months pregnant. This has somehow made work a lighter more fun place, this week we had a meeting because huzzah! Black Friday is just around the corner. We took the time during that meeting to through a small surprise-ish shower for said knocked-up boss complete with cake and baby boy themed gifts. The cake was excellent. So excellent in fact the next day upon arriving to work one of the other managers declared
Megan, you must get pregnant so that we can have more cake!

And despite all rationale not to, I'm considering it because, hell, baby themed cake is better than any other I suppose. Now before you go trying to talk me out of this nonsense hear me out. I am a single 23 year-old, living with my mother, looking for full-time employment while making "ends meet" at the aforementioned job. It's is the perfect time to bring a new human into the world!

Plus my birthday was last week and birthdays only happen every 12 months but babies happen in nine, cake is quicker if I put a bun in the oven now rather than waiting for my 24th birthday.

I'll accept applications for my cake-baby's father starting....NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment