Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Do it for the Gringo

You've got to love when people misspeak. My mother said this whole gringo thing and I think she meant dinero but in the context of the conversation she referred to either my brother, his son or my brother's girlfriend as a gringo. Only one of them appears to be "foreign" enough to be given that title, sorry Lora.

I had to laugh earlier at my lovely Indian coworker when she asked me if I had the boss's cell phone. I was bewildered, having someone else's cell is just odd. What she meant to ask me was if I had his cell phone number. And I did but the phone call that confused me was a bit of hilarity.

Other people stumble and blubber, myself included. But these silly missteps are gems that we should embrace. Our minds are too complex to just toss it up to a simple confusion. I read a book about it once. And I loved it. Just as I love the quotes I get from other people misspeaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment