Sunday, May 15, 2011

Impulse Control

I have the urge to run away.

I don't know where I'm driven to go but away would work just fine. I have been considering the roots of this urge and I'm going to offend a hell of a lot of good friends when I reveal why I need to escape. Sorry good friends, this isn't personal.

My renewed urge to start anew is partially the result of a new batch of college graduates (congrats!). Their graduation isn't their fault so much as it is just how time moves. My hang up isn't even with them finishing school but rather with them looking for the same jobs as I am.

In an awesome world I'd be ok with this competition, it would drive me to be better but I'm beginning to break under the lack of personal development. Yeah so in a minor freak out I hung some cheap prints in my room and added mismatched knobs to my dresser and am considering a new bedspread (but those are pricey).

Personal development. It's a funny thing, I used to be so good at it. Traveling to new places and trying new things but I haven't even tried a new restaurant in like, forever. I really need to get on with it.

Maybe with the short return of a very fine friend will be the kick in the pants I need. Also cross your fingers for a second interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment