Wednesday, February 9, 2011

NYC in the Winter

I always promised myself that I'd get back to New York on a regular basis, it is so close and all. But until last weekend I hadn't been up there since the end of my freshman year of college. Somehow every time I visit the city it rains and it's cold.

And when it's cold it doesn't even have to be bitter to be biting. Saturday night after waiting, fruitlessly, by the stage door for two hours and then a eight or so block walk my feet were grey from the cold. Grey. As in the socks and boots I had on were no longer sufficient for keeping my feet warm.

This time I have to pat myself on the back for wearing a longer coat. So what if it was a little off style wise, it looked good, and kept my bum warm for the majority of the time.

I did do NYC wrong this time though. Nothing was planned. Nothing, more or less. But next time it'll be much better. I shall have ideas and there won't be rain, or cold, I hate the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment