Monday, December 13, 2010

Passive, Aggressive or Passive Aggressive

I might be making it up as I go now but I've got a lot to consider, especially how I'm supposed to handle my current stressers.

If you didn't know it already I am an aggressive individual, assertive and confrontational, mostly at appropriate times but you know you get in a bad head space and I may or may not break your face for no reason. I have always felt that confrontation (though not always fighting) solves problems quickly. You tell me why you're angry, I give you my side there is some shouting and someone stomps off, an apology usually follows whether in an hour or a year, and everything is right as rain.

Most people support the passive way of doing things but I refuse to bend over and take it over and over when I have the power to stop all the nonsense. I have a few friends who are passive, we get into sensational fights. Mostly when one of said friends tells me "it'll all be ok." Ok is not ok unless it's the best I can do and at this point ok screams failure. And passive means it'll all be ok because I am not powerful enough nor willing to change it.

Passive aggressive is ironically not a combination of the two, it's slimy. But today I tried it. And it was a bit fun. I did as I was told but took forever doing it, not unlike the person who instructed me to do my job. After two hours working in the same five by five foot space I was told to move on. Usually, I'm not one for making work hard or sizing and reorganizing because it is the most useless work ever, but I only worked three hours and managed to meet all my goals and do nothing, it was epic.

I'm torn now, do I continue this passive aggressive route and win, or do I go all out confrontational, I can lose my job either way, not that I want to keep it but I have to have other options first.

Options, options, options, I remember when they existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment