Friday, December 24, 2010

Twas the Night Before Christmas

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse...

That's a lie, the mice are stirring and it's driving me insane in the membrane. There is a flock of mice in the ceiling of the family room, they usually just run back and forth but today, being December 24th, they are shooting for ironic. If there was music I would find their behavior both amusing an appropriate but the dancing in my head should be sugarplums and the clatter on the roof should be eight tiny reindeer.

There are threats of calling the exterminator but I'm not entirely sure I'm ok with that. The mice seem to be keeping out of the comestibles (with the exception of that bold mouse that chased the cat into my sister's room, poor mouse died of suffocation in a water bottle because my sister was too afraid to put it outside). I don't see the sense in killing them, they were here first (species wise) on this place (and I mean the plot of land where my house sits, I don't know about the evolutionary thing) and we have taken over pushing them out. It just seems wrong.

While we live and let live I hope you all have a Merry Christmas.

I'm hoping the next two days are  better than I anticipated, it just might be this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment