Saturday, January 29, 2011

I'm a Mom!

Yesterday, via the mail, I became a mother. I know, it's rather unexpected, I wasn't pregnant (I thought), I don't know who the father is, I'm even unsure of my child's race.

But Similac made me a mom and a mom I shall be.

I sent announcement texts to my closest confidants. Some were not so pleased. Kristen called me a whore, Melissa didn't see the pic so she was a bit confused and everyone else just accepted my new status as a mother. I guess I'll have a belated shower sooner or later, as soon as someone plans one, look, I'm a new mom, I don't have the time for party planning!

Just because I don't know who the father of my probably Indian baby is, I have asked my friend Logan to be his godfather. Logan has obliged given one one condition: that I name my child Shadow 3, after my late dog Shadow and Kat's late dog Max or Shadow 2. I can't have my poor child growing up without a male role model, especially because I think my child might be a boy because it is wearing blue.

I do love Shadow 3. I hope you will too. Please don't judge me and my single mother status. I didn't ask for this, it just kind of happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment