Sunday, November 14, 2010

Lost a Horse? Call

I live in a very interesting place. It is mostly lacking in culture and when culture does spring up people dismiss it as yuppie. I'll tell you what folks, there are a ton of yuppies livin' 'round here so might as well embrace the goodies they bring with them.

Its not like 15 or 20 years ago where the town social life was based at the volunteer firehouse. Hell there aren't any farms left really so cow tipping and field parties are a thing of the past. The child sluts are no longer "just bored country kids" but rather "bored sub-suburban kids," back in the day you dismissed promiscuity to lack of things to do, so now that there are houses filled with people why is there still nothing to do? (I am veering off topic here, we'll discuss the nothingness another day.)

Back to this place being different.

So I was driving home this fine evening (the weather was gorgeous today, I'm just sad I missed it because I was working) and my headlights caught the white of a sign that sent me into giggles.
Lost a Horse? Call (540)338-____.
It was the perfect description of what makes this place different than other places. I mean so its considered "the horse capital" but would you really expect someone to find one a post fliers? Most people do that with puppies and kittens!

Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment