Thursday, November 11, 2010

Something's Gotta Give

I'm thinking I need a change in scenery. I'm thinking a more or less permanent change would be better than a vacation. I'm in the mood to move myself across the country and hope that everything makes more sense there. But what I can't wrap my head around is the whole ends meeting thing.

Does anyone ever feel like the money they make is enough? I don't know how I'm going buy anyone a Christmas present, birthday present, graduation present or myself gas next week. Its not even my budgeting skills that are lacking but the catch that is working, I don't make enough (I'd like to see the higher ups in to company, the ones with letters as titles, live on my hourly wage for a month, that'd be a fun game!)

So you say, suck it up and get a second job. I've done that before, its an ugly mess. You'd think that two part time jobs would equal 40 hours a week, which seems reasonable but what it comes down to is that you work everyday, seven days a week without fail, but the money you spend wasting time and making sure you get three meals a day ends up being more taxing than just working one job.

I am seriously considering the going back to school thing, yes, it creates more personal debt and perpetuates the whole cycles but I'd be adventuring again.

There is no great option, not until something gives.

No comments:

Post a Comment